A lot of guys brag about wanting to be “players” and date as many women as they can fit into their lives. And that’s okay. There is definitely a time and place for that kind of dating. It’s exhilarating and fun and everyone should do that at some point in their dating life. But there usually (not always) comes a time when a guy would like to find one really cool, compatible woman to spend his time with on a consistent basis. When that happens, it might be hard sometimes to transition from a guy who is dating a million women, or even from a guy who is used to spending a lot of time at work or home and hasn’t had time to date or find a steady girl.
Here are some ideas that make that quest for a girlfriend a little smoother:
Tips To Get A Girlfriend:
1. Get off the couch. I know that seems a bit tongue-in-cheek, but the reality is you will never get a girlfriend sitting at home playing video games. You need to really make the effort to put yourself out there, if you want to meet the woman of your dreams.
That applies to guys who are workaholics and spend every minute they aren’t sleeping doing work.
It doesn’t matter who you are or what you’ve been doing up until now, if you want to get a girlfriend, you have to get out there around other people.
2. Expand your social network. Here’s how you get out there off the couch or out of the office. Start working on building your own social network. You can do this by joining clubs or participating in events, such as volunteering and so on. For instance, do you like chess? Find a chess club. Enjoy volleyball. Join a team. Like politics? Volunteer on a campaign. Find ways to pursue your hobbies and passions. Then bring different people from different areas of your life together. For instance, you might arrange to meet some coworkers at a blues club on Saturday, invite your volleyball teammates, as well. Tell them to bring their friends, too. Pretty soon, you are the center of a vibrant social network. These alone, increases your odds exponentially of meeting someone you will have something in common with.
3. Constantly work on self-improvement. That doesn’t mean focusing on it every minute of every day, but it means making some effort every day. That might mean maintaining your weight by your food choices. It might mean expanding your vocabulary by subscribing to a word of the day email.
4. Know your strengths and weakness. Sit down in a quiet spot and list your attributed and character defects. Look at yourself as a product you are selling to others. A lot of people do this and realize they don’t automatically know their own strengths. Know yourself enough to recognize your unique traits and characteristics and how these are something, you have to offer another person in a relationship. Don’t pay a ton of attention to your weaknesses, unless you recognize these are detracting from your ability to either meet a woman or maintain a relationship. If that is the case, make a game plan to conquer or change them.
5. Make a list of what you want in a woman and what you don’t want.
Really, think about the most important traits you need in a girlfriend and the characteristics that you don’t want. For instance, you might say loyalty is the most important quality, even more important than good looks. Or you might say, that no matter how well you fit together in every other area, if you can’t trust a woman, it won’t work.
That way when you meet women, you will know whether they are worth your time and energy or whether there are some obvious traits that are deal breakers. These are some tips to get a girlfriend.